Saturday, February 23, 2008


This picture shows the evolution of a painting I'm working on at the moment called "The Cup". It shows the basics from initial sketch through to sketch on canvas and the beginnings of paint and collage.

Collage is a wonderful way of discovering new colour and shape in the overall painting. It's also a good motivator. If you don't feel like 'starting' a painting just yet ripping up bits of paper and sticking them on canvas gets you going without having to be fully focused. It's very relaxing and inspiring at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I Charm your job, it is very beautiful and symbolic, your technique is very interesting, I congratulate you, as an illustrator I like to visit the artistic blog, I learn a lot from them.

    I invite you to visit my blog.
    http://humoram.blogspot.com/

    ATTE
    Humoram

    ReplyDelete